Tech Trainee Program
Viaplay entertains millions of people every day – from our live local sports coverage to critically acclaimed movies and series, kids’ content and original productions, we pride ourselves on having something for everyone to enjoy. As part of Nordic Entertainment Group, we also boast free-to-air TV channels, radio stations and our own in-house animation studio. Together, we’re a dynamic & values-driven company whose main purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds.
Are you our next Tech Trainee?
As one of our Viaplay Tech Trainees, you will be part of shaping the future of streaming and entertainment. You will join our Product, Data & Tech organisation in Stockholm and, over the course of one year, work as a contributing team member in several of our cross-functional development teams. You will cover all areas of the product lifecycle – from backend microservices to client-side web/mobile/big screen applications, cloud engineering & DevOps.
The challenge ahead
The position itself is a 12-month paid contract from September 2022 to September 2023 with the possibility of converting that into a full-time, permanent position. By the end of your traineeship, we believe you will be able to take on the role of an autonomous software engineer, who can navigate your way through different teams to drive results across multiple technical platforms. If you’d rather specialise within one field of technical expertise, that is of course possible as well.
The ideal profile
We’re looking for motivated trainees who are passionate about working with the latest technologies. You should be prepared for some solid teamwork from Day 1 in a hands-on, solutions-oriented environment. Having an interest in streaming/entertainment is an added bonus that will enhance your experience, with the chance to build on your knowledge alongside fellow movie buffs.
It goes without saying that we encourage people with diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as well. It is only through our differences that we can truly show strength across all areas of the business and live up to our values – Bravery, Equality, Appreciation & Trust.
- Bachelor's degree or higher (graduating in/before Spring, 2022)
Nice to haves:
- Web frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Networks and infrastructure concepts (e.g. HTTP, REST, etc.)
- Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure or Heroku, etc.)
- Mobile app development (e.g. Android or iOS)
What we can offer you
- An agile approach with the freedom to try new things & take decisions in autonomous teams.
- A hybrid work environment with home & office flexibility.
- A place to grow and learn – both from our successes, as well as our mistakes.
- An environment that fosters innovation through Hack Days twice a year.
- A diverse, international group of colleagues featuring more than 35 different nationalities.
- An attractive occupational pension plan, healthcare & insurance.
- 30 days of paid vacation, as well as paid parental leave.
Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering (graduating in/before Spring, 2022).
Andreas Karlsson, 073-699 19 79, email@example.com