ABB Discovery - Trainee Program for Engineering Graduates
Are you ready to apply your knowledge from university to make a real difference in a global company? Are you curious, caring, collaborative and courageous? Do you want to learn about the traditional work of an engineer, but also what the future looks like? Do you know exactly where you want to be, or do you want to explore different possibilities to find the perfect job? If you answered yes to any of these questions, our Trainee Program for Engineering Graduates could be the perfect fit for you.
At ABB, graduate trainees can choose from many possibilities, ranging from automation to R&D and sales. We work on some of the most important technological and environmental challenges facing the world today. Join us at the forefront of innovation and industrial digitalization and create a legacy you can to be proud of!
The program is 18 months long and you will choose 3 assignments in order to explore different fields and to find the perfect job. We offer:
- Full time, permanent employment from day one of the program
- Direct transfer to a permanent placement after completion of the program
- 3-6 month long international assignment
- Internal ABB visits, customer visits and trainings
- Broad network through regular dinners with top managers from ABB, conferences, study visits, various courses, different activities within the trainee community and other social events
Experience the operations of an international company firsthand and find your place in the organization during your individual 18-month program. Past assignments include project management, lean manufacturing, marketing and sales, supply chain and many more. You will also have the opportunity to spend 3-6 months at another ABB location abroad to gain international experience and extend your network. Develop your strengths with the help of continuous feedback on your performance, relevant trainings, professional mentoring by experienced managers and support from the Trainee Program Team.
During the program, some days will be reserved for Trainee activities where you will learn more about different ABB products and business units during study visits, see ABB products in action at our customers’ facilities and listen to inspiring stories from our executives at several dinners organized by the Trainee community.
• Master’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline (studies completed before the start of the program).
• No more than three year of professional experience within your field of studies by the start date.
• Excellent knowledge of English, Swedish is meritorious.
• Permanent authorization to work in Sweden or SE/EU/CH/NO citizenship.
• Identification with our organizational values and culture.
• Analytical and target-oriented thinking and acting.
• Inquisitive, open-minded, and communicative team player with excellent ability to collaborate.
• Strong drive and self-awareness.
• Highly adaptable and flexible to different working styles, situations, and cultures.
• Innovative and creative mindset.
ABB offers you an interesting role within highly motivated teams, together with open communication structures. Based on a personal, practice-oriented introduction program as a Graduate Trainee, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as to be a constructive member of an inclusive team. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills continuously. After you have completed the Trainee Program, ABB will assist you in attaining your career goals.
Did we spark your interest in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (cover letter, CV, grade transcripts and university diploma) via our online careers tool. If you are a non-European citizen, it is mandatory to enclose a copy of your permanent Swedish work permit to be considered in the further process. The cover letter and CV can be in Swedish or English. Note that applications lacking one or more of the required documents will not be considered.
The trainee program starts in September 2021. You can find more information on our application process and the structure of our Trainee Program here: https://new.abb.com/se/en/careers/opportunities/program-s-design
In the meantime, learn more about ABB and receive interesting updates on our work by connecting with us on Social Media.
ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
Öppnar i november
Master graduate in Engineering
Ja, 3-6 månader
HR Direct, 021- 320 200
Mer info kommer senare